Help to Buy
Help to Buy is a Government backed scheme that is available on new build properties. For more details on the Help to Buy scheme, please visit https://www.gov.uk/affordable-home-ownership-schemes/overview. For further details on whether Help to Buy is available to you, please contact the specific development.
The Help to Buy scheme is an equity loan provided on the following basis:
- Your new home can be purchased with a minimum 5% deposit on the value of the home
- You will need a mortgage for 75% of the value of your new home
- You will pay 80% of the property price now for 100% home ownership
- Help to Buy will loan you up to 20% of the value of your new home in the form of an equity loan that can be repaid at any time
- The equity loan is interest free for the first five years. After year five interest will be payable at 1.75% rising annually by the Retail Price Index plus 1%.
YOUR HOME IS AT RISK IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER LOAN SECURED ON IT.
Offer subject to use of a Mortgage Broker from the recommended panel.